Friday, May 21, 2010

Our Singer/Songwriter


The Elegant Evening was a wonderful display of all the work and learning the children have done during first grade. The kids were encouraged to dress up and Conleigh looked adorable. The classes sang a song and parents had an opportunity to look at all of their work and stories they'd written this year. Then there were performances. Many children played the piano. There was one guitarist and one girl sang a song in chinese. Conleigh had been telling me she was going to sing but when I'd ask her the words, she would say, "I'm just going to make it up." Her voice is beautiful and as Peter said, "I can't wait to hear the rest of the words."
Here she is, Miss Conleigh Hardin. She introduced her first song at the Elegant Evening last night at Spicewood Elementary. We are so proud of her for being a risk-taker. Check out the YouTube video here:

"You're Stuck in my Heart" by Conleigh Hardin.


After the event, we took her out for a big, fat dessert!

1 comment:

Monika said...

Absolutely precious! Tear-jerker!