We just got back from a great weekend trip with our friends the Schultz'. We drove to the lakehouse where Peter & Eric had kid duty, and Liz & I shopped in Canton. I hadn't been to Canton since like 1996 with my mom and sister. I don't know if it was this big back then, but it is just huge. It goes on and on and on. We had a wonderful time tromping around and buying stuff. This is my favorite purchase of the whole day!
I want to start an "H" collection. This H will be the anchor. It is 40 inches high and 26 inches wide. I really, really like it. I went into one of the stores and high up on her top shelf was the word THE. I asked her how much the letters were and she said you had to buy all three. I thought that was strange. Who would want to buy the word THE? I walked around for a minute and then asked her if anyone had ever wanted to buy the whole word. She said, "I guess I could split them up." Yay! I was so happy. Inside the shop, the color didn't really appeal to me but after I dusted it off (she had had the word THE since December), I really like the reddish color. It is one of my favorite colors actually.
After eating fried oreos and walking straight to the ice cream line, walking around in circles because there was so much to see, and laughing with my fun friend, we hiked it back through Mabank, Gun Barrel City and Seven Points to arrive at the lakehouse just at sunset. The kids and dads were just returning from a sunset cruise. Their third boat outing of the day. It was reported that they swam and fished and ate and generally enjoyed the day.





3 comments:
Love your letter purchase!!! We have a T and a K from the letters on the old Goliad bank made of brass. Wish there was a W, but I like the two I have and they have a history, too.
Love it! Wish I had a M just like it to go in the never ending project playroom.
Bridget
That H rocks!
We had a blast with y'all. Just try to keep us away. You're stuck with us now. :)
Post a Comment