What a wonderful day. I got to sleep in while the kids helped Daddy get breakfast ready. They made the cutest edible arrangement with mango, pineapple, strawberries & grapes. It was in a vase and 'frog' that was my Mimi's. I loved it and it was delicious. We also enjoyed bagels and lox which is one of my fave breakfasts.
I got to open a trail of presents which were so thoughtful. Conleigh wrote a whole story about me, and I got some headphones for my ipod and the new book that Laura Bush wrote.
Afterwards, we high-tailed it to church, and after lunch we went bowling. That was fun. Alex was surprisingly the low scorer of the kids. Peter was rockin' with 8 frames having a strike or spare.
I'm excited because our neighbor helped Peter take apart our giant armoire late this afternoon. They are working on making it TV friendly. We bought it three Valentines ago with plans to put a television in the front room that has very high ceilings. Unfortunately, we quickly learned that the doors only open as wide as the piece, so it has been holding games, etc for the last 3+ years. Our handy woodworking neighbor is helping us make the doors into pocket doors. Peter is making plans for a big ol' TV in there.
I am so blessed to have such thoughtful, caring and lovable children. I couldn't ask for a better family. I love you Peter, Conleigh, Alex & Campbell.





1 comment:
Yay! So glad you are getting the tv cabinet done!!! Off to the paint store next...
Glad you had a good Mom's Day too. You deserved it!!!
Post a Comment