I got the kids to VBS this morning and came home and worked on emails. When Vickie arrived, I helped clean up the art area, and then I hit each of the kids rooms and filled their trash cans. Conleigh, our treasure keeper doesn't throw anything away. She seriously may be a hoarder. I tossed all sorts of doo-dads in there.
After showering, I carted up to Hope. I had an appointment to meet with someone from Hope Children's Center. I am so conflicted on where Campbell should spend next year in school. At Hope, they have a private kinder program. If she were able to go there, we could then make a decision next summer whether she is ready for kinder or 1st. Unfortunately, we are #2 on the waiting list. I hope to have Alex's tutor who is a kinder teacher at Spicewood, spend some time with Campbell, and if possible assess her opinion of readiness.
I went and picked up a crew of kids. We took the Schultz children home to their house and walked into our house one minute before the babysitter showed up. I left shortly after while she fed the kids. I went and worked in the country club dining room. It worked. I then breezed through the grocery store to pick up something to make for dinner. I raced home for a 2:30 phone appointment. The professor didn't answer. She never returned my call and now hasn't responded to email. We are trying to close up a large adoption at UT. Ugh.
Alex got off to soccer in a carpool. This is what he came home looking like:
I think he looks like a coal miner! That indoor soccer floor is filthy. I'm glad he is enjoying the *all you can eat soccer* this summer. While he was gone, the girls & I did Bendaroos for a bit and then they chilled while I made meatloaf for dinner and planted a few plumeria that we bought in New Orleans. Three of four in the soil.
So...
Meatloaf = not a big hit with our kids. Bummer.
After dinner, we carted up to the club and did some swimming. It was nice family time. The kids all practiced their dives off the new starting blocks and we just goofed around. I rode in the back of the cart with Campbell on the way to the club and with Alex on the way home. I'm not such a good backwards rider. It makes me very nervous and feeling out of control.
The kids all jumped in the shower. I have to include here that it is so nice that Alex & Conleigh can each finally turn the water on & off in their shower and get the temp right and really handle the whole thing on their own. It is just a big step forward and I'm enjoying it.
How long has it been since you've seen one of these?
| God's Eyes were the craft today at VBS. Kids loved it and want to make more. |
| Goof ball Alex and sweet pic of C |





No comments:
Post a Comment