| Love this picture of our three Sharks! |
In line with Kelly, over at Kelly's Korner, I thought I would follow suit and do a Day in the Life post each day this week. I've been in a blog funk, so this will be good for me to have a defined topic each day.
We were all awake by 7:30 here this morning. We had mounds of clean laundry floating everywhere, so everyone got in on the folding action. Kids fold towels and dishrags. I seriously cannot even remember if or what the kids ate for breakfast this morning!
Peter & I were just lying on the bed ready to start getting everyone ready for church. Alex came in and snuggled up on top of us which led to wrestling and laughing galore. He is definitely all boy.
Sunday is church day around here. Peter rarely is willing to miss Sunday school. I was just exhausted from the early morning rise yesterday for swimming and the continuing go-go for Campbell's birthday party, so I stayed home & slept. Thankfully, the kids didn't throw a fit and happily went on with Peter to church. Today was the first day of Summer Sunday school, so they got to be in the gym and move around more than usual. They only stayed for Sunday school and were home again just after 11:00am.
I kept of sleeping & the kids watched a movie with dad. After that, we had lunch of bean & cheese quesadillas. Then we wrapped up the gift for the birthday party of the afternoon. We loaded up the golf cart and headed to our friends the Burnette's for a backyard pirate party for their three year old. The kids had good water soaked fun. Surprisingly, it was mostly dad's representing their families, so I took that que and came home. I finished my book that I've been reading, Winter Garden. I had begun it on vacation in Florida and am happy to have plowed through it.
I went back & picked up the family on the golf cart at the end of the party. Peter headed to the bedroom for some quiet time. I watched Disney channel with the kids and Alex and I did a little bit of reading. For dinner, we went to the fancy hamburger joint, Wendy's. We were the only ones in the dining area for awhile. We never plan to go to fast food, but it just sounded good, and everyone ate well.
The HEB next door was calling our names. The kids start vacation bible school tomorrow and each year they have a big contest as to how much canned food they can collect for the food bank. So instead of waiting until the kids come home tomorrow all excited, we went this evening and purchased a load of canned goods for them to start the week.
The kids are tired. Getting them to bed is usually a workout mentally & physically. Thankfully, everyone hit the sack pretty easily tonight. No books were even involved except that Alex & Peter worked on the Bob Books a little bit.
| Happy 5th birthday Campbell. The celebration is now officially over! |





No comments:
Post a Comment