Vacation Bible School started this morning bright & early. I woke the kids up about 7:45, they each ate pancakes & sausage for breakfast and we were off in the golf cart to Hope Pres Church. Pandamania is the theme this year (as it is at many, many churches).
Crazy Lion Alex is a Bear and is with his buddy Hayden. Kung Fu Conleigh is a duck and knows all 4 of the other girls in her group. Kung Fu Campbell (she chose the same name as Conleigh and surprisingly Conleigh didn't throw a fit) is, I can't remember her group name, but she has one friend she knew and when I picked her up today, she was talking about a new friend. Yay!
While the children were learning "God Made You" (the leaders say that), and then the kids answer with "Bonzai," I went for a walk. I think I made it about 35-40 minutes. That's the first time in a very long time that I have taken a walk. After a quick shower, I had two conference calls for work and did a few other work related items and then headed to swim practice to pick up the kids ribbons from the meet on Saturday. They did so well.
Conleigh got 5th in 25 butterfly
Alex won 3rd in freestyle and 4th in backstroke
Campbell got 7th in butterfly (totally hilarious because she definitely disqualified on it, but the stroke judges had mercy on the sweet little girls this week and didn't DQ any of them).
I went on up to the craziness of VBS dismissal and picked up the children. We came home and ate lunch together at the table. They were telling me all about VBS. I love how excited they are about it.
Alex had his reading tutor come over at 1:15. I'm glad we are doing that for him this summer. He just needs to practice, but it is so hard to make that happen. He likes his tutor and they seem to be working well together.
Campbell & I colored with some of her new markers and coloring books during his tutoring and Conleigh messed around in her room. We have a no TV, no computer policy while Alex has his tutoring.
At 3:15, we headed out to go to soccer. Alex & his friend Matthew had soccer class, so the girls and I went to the mall to get Conleigh some new shoes. She only has two pair of shoes that she wears and the ones she wore just last week hurt her this morning. When I felt her toes, they were right at the end of the shoes. She did get a whole school year out of them. This afternoon she found some sneakers and another pair of closed toe shoes. She is set at least for a little while. The girls had a ball trying on high heeled shoes and we went through Claire's and had fun with all the accessories. Perfect girl time.
Peter & Alex met us at a new restaurant called Senoritas. As Peter says, "Grand opening. Grand closing." We won't be going back.
This evening I watered the plants and Peter made a trip to Home Depot. Conleigh got totally into learning sign language from the computer. As a matter of fact, she didn't speak after about 7:30. Everything had to be in sign language for her. Campbell & Alex were practicing their Ninja Kung-Fu moves. We had a good time.
Off to bed....







No comments:
Post a Comment