Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Home Sweet Home

We are home from a relaxing visit to Grandma & Grandpa Hardin's lake house. We drove up on Sunday afternoon and returned home today. Alex got his fill of Wii playing with Uncle Kyle, Daddy and Grandpa.
We exhanged Christmas gifts and everyone was thrilled with their presents. Alex got a Wii game, Indiana Jones - part II. Campbell came away with a Three Muskateers barbie and a matching dress up dress. Conleigh got some walkie talkies that were played with the whole time. I received a beautiful necklace. Larry & Kathryn are good at picking out jewelry...I'm so fortunate. Hmmm...I can't recall what Peter received. I'll have to check on that.

In this picture, the girls are bundled up to go play outside and Grandpa is talking on the walkie talkie with Alex. I just loved his smile.

This picture is Grandpa with the kids holding Winnie the Pooh book that Great-Grandma & Grandpa sent from California. They used to read this book to Grandpa when he was a little boy.

Grandma made some cookies and let the kids help roll and cut.

We went to see the Princess & the Frog at the Seven Points theatre while Daddy & Kyle saw Sherlock Holmes. I think it is an old chinese restaurant turned into a theatre. I did appreciate the inexpensive pricing though.

Campbell was a big fan of Lucy dog. Peter is even more determined to get a dog now that the kids are getting comfortable with them.

I got to sleep in which is my favorite thing to do. I must give a little shout out to Uncle Kyle who has endless energy to play with the kids. They all seem to love hide and seek. I think the feeling of admiration is a mutual one between the children and him.

No comments: