Wednesday, December 23, 2009

We need a little Christmas...

...right this very minute.

I thought I was pretty prepared for Christmas this year and believed I wouldn't need to rush around at the last minute. Hmm. Today I was rushing around. Really, I was done but I wanted a few 'little' things. Thankfully, the kids went to a gymnastics camp today. They love it there and it provided me five hours to get it done. Done it is, I think.

Alex put a smile on my face today when he said, "If only we had a trampoline..." Well, Santa has a trampoline hiding in the garage. Go Santa, go Santa!

We went out to dinner tonight since our fridge is officially not working. Lovely time for that and believe it or not, our 3 1/2 year old refrigerator is not under any kind of warranty. Unbelievable. So, we wait for a part and a person who can put it back together again....next Wednesday. Once again, unbelievable!

After dinner, we went looking at Christmas lights. We saw the funniest lights on someones roof. They spelled out POOP. Believe it!

I think almost everything is wrapped. I've put some gifts out under the tree that are from Mommy & Daddy. This is the first year I've ventured to do this, and the kids are ultra excited.

Elfie has helped steer the kids behavior in a positive direction once again this December. Each morning they wake with excitement to find where he is hiding. Conleigh & Alex both talk to him. So cute.

Grandma & Grandpa Hardin provided an advent calendar filled with goodies. That has also been great fun and helped with the countdown to Christmas. Today there were coal miner head-flashlights hiding inside.

Last week we had our chimney checked out and the chimney-sweep told Alex that it was clean and ready for the big man, Santa to come on down. Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments: