As imagined, the excitement was contagious. There was one package that Santa barely got down the chimney since the box was still leaning on the bricks of the fireplace.
Sometimes, I think if there were only stockings, the kids would be thrilled. They got a bunch of loot in those stockings including candy to last through the year.
After stockings, they opened the big present leaning on the bricks. Santa left a trampoline! They were so excited! Peter was excited to set it up (enter sarcasm here).
After opening presents, we ate a yummy Christmas morning breakfast of egg/sausage casserole.
My friend LouAnn who lives in Houston joined us after breakfast. We hadn't seen each other since I was prego with Alex. I am so glad she came up and spent the day and night with us. I really enjoyed the girl time and catching up. Please come again LouAnn.
We ate Christmas lunch about 2PM. Granny had brought ham and we had green beans, rolls and salad. She also brought pumpkin pie and mincemeat pie. LouAnn and I are pumpkin girls, but Peter & his mom dished on the mincemeat.
The kids loved jumping on the trampoline.
I had mentioned to the kids earlier in the season about how my family went to the movies on Christmas day when I was young. Alex picked right up on that and was definitely going to hold me to seeing a movie on Christmas day. Along with the rest of Austin, we headed to the movies. Movie choice: Alex & the Chipmunks. Granny exercised her granny rights and went and saw It's Complicated instead.
Dinner was casual...really it was find what you can and eat that. We made queso and chilled in front of the television. It was a spectacular Christmas day.





No comments:
Post a Comment