Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

New year, new blog style.

One of my resolutions for 2009 is to become more technologically savvy. Nothing huge, but I'd like to be able to help Alex get Legos Batman going again on the computer if something goes awry. I'd like to be able to use the Wii easily and help the kids do the same. So, to start my technological savviness, I figured out all by myself how to change my blog background. I'm not in love with the background, so I'll change it again in the near future. I can feel myself headed for success for resolution #1.

Resolution #2. Read one book per month. That resolution likely sounds lame to readers. I have not been a reader. I enjoy a good book but rarely pick one up. So, I plan to read one book per month in 2009. #1 will be The Shack. Peter gave it to me for Christmas. I've heard it is very good and painful too. While I'm in Orlando next week, I hope to plow through it and be looking for book #2 for February. Suggestions welcome.

Resolution #3. See one movie per month with my dear husband. We went on a date the other night and saw Valkyrie. A lot of the trailers looked fantastic and we resolve to go on a movie date one time per month.

Resolution #4. Go to bed earlier. I am the worst at wasting time at night. When the kids go to bed, I become a surfing fool. Facebook, ebay, craigslist, random blogs of people I don't know. It is insane and a total waste of time. I pay for my late nights and so do my kids by how tired I am during the day.

Resolution #5. Like most people, I'd like to be healthier in 2009. Two neighbors and I ran in a 5K this morning. I managed a 33.08 time. I was pleased to have run the whole way. We have been meeting at 6:20am on MWF for the last 8 weeks and have slowly built up the running to 28 minutes. I'm also going to go back to Weight Watchers tomorrow after a three week hiatus from meetings and trying.

Best of luck with your resolutions!

3 comments:

Monika said...

I will be anxious to hear your thoughts on The Shack. I loved Animal, Vegetable, Mineral by Barbara Kingsolver. It is non-fiction and really made me think. Congrats on the 5K! Happy New Year!

My 3 Sons said...

Happy New Year!!!
I have a blog now, can you believe it??
www.thew5.blogspot.com

I am reading Odd Girl Out right now, mostly for a group therapy session I am doing at school. My other easy to read favorites are books by Debbie McComber. I want to ready Sacred Marriage. I have seen it is a really good one to read with your spouse.

Natalie said...

okay, i am not much of a reader (used to be before kids and marriage like 10 years ago) but i got the Twilight Series for Christmas and read all 4 books (over 500 pages each) in a week! they are great!

oh and congrats on that 5K time. I just did mine this morning. Here's to a healthier us in 2009!