Monday, August 15, 2011

The Girl with the Curls

My sweet oldest daughter
Peter & I are getting to spend some quiet time with Conleigh this week.
Her siblings are in Houston visiting grandparents. She is so excited about this time with us, and we are excited too.
This afternoon Conleigh and I went school shopping. She loved it. As we walked into the dressing room, I had a flashback of doing the same experience with MY mom. So wild how I am now the mom and the one hanging up all the clothes. :)
She found some super cute clothes to start the school year. She even learned to tie a shoe today.  We've tried off and on for a long time but she gets so down when it doesn't work. Today she was super excited to have learned the art.
Almost everything she picked out is of some shade of aqua. That has been her fave color for a long time now.
Conleigh got to watch "West Side Story" at the end of the school year in music class. She has wanted to watch it all summer. We finally received it through Netflix and Peter & I watched it with her tonight.  She was completely into it and we were completely over it.  She is a fine arts girl through & through. She was so attentive and emotional during the movie.  I'm surprised they watched that in elementary school. There were definitely some questionable lines in the movie.
Our house was so relaxed this evening. Working with one eight year old is very different than juggling three busy children.
I am very proud of Conleigh. She went to drill team camp this morning and enjoyed it a lot.  There were so many little dancers there.  It will be interesting as we move through the years to see who gravitates to what activities, ie sports, dance, cheer, theatre.
Time will tell.

I will tell now that I love my #1 daughter more than can ever be shared here.

No comments: