This morning our church celebrated 35 years. I wanted to attend church, Peter chose Sunday school, Campbell went to Sunday school, and Alex came with me to worship. We needed to pick up Conleigh about noon, so we only attended one hour at church. I loved the 9:30 worship. It is "rock & roll" church and the music really gets to me. The drums, guitars, organ, piano. It is great. Alex really enjoyed it too. After worship, he asked me if we could do this every time and he said, "we all get ready for church, everyone goes to Sunday school and he & I go together to big church." He is so sweet when he isn't overly hungry or tired.
The bishop of our synod was here today and did the sermon. His topic was What Are We Doing Here? He talked about how Jesus would go find the 1 lost sheep even though he had 99 following him. He said it all so much better than that.
So on our way to south Austin to pick up Conleigh at Grace & Katie's, we stopped off about half way to look at a piano that I had seen listed on craigslist yesterday. We are now the happy owners of a piano! It isn't at our house yet. I still need to figure that part out. It is pretty old, but it looks nice. It is Baldwin brand and hasn't been played in a long time, I'm sure.
Then we head on further south and arrive at the Golson's. Conleigh immediately asked if she could stay longer. It sounds like a fun party. They swam, made tye-dye shirts, watched movies and played. After a short visit with everyone there, we went through the drive-thru at Whataburger and then went to the Brick Fiesta. What is the Brick Fiesta you ask?
A LEGO convention! When we arrived the tickets were sold out, there was about 1 1/2 hours left of the public exhibition and they were telling people that you could wait in the line and may get in for a few minutes before closing. We decided to give it 10 minutes and see how much the line moved. We saw about four other families from our neighborhood in the line. And, we got in with over an hour to spend at the exhibit. It really was amazing what people have built with Legos. Alex was in wonderland. He loved it. The girls were interested too until Conleigh finally announced, "Can we please go home? I cannot stand to see any more legos." With that, we exited.
| Batman! The 13 year old in the background by Conleigh built this. He designed it himself and it took three months to construct! He was willing to sell it for $6,000. |
Next stop, Amy's Ice Cream. Enough said.
| Harry Potter fans unite! |
| For real...all Legos. |
| This Dinosaur which was huge was Alex's favorite. It had the date 2003 on it. |
When we got home, Peter sanded the table a little bit, Conleigh went to her room for a nap, and Alex and Campbell put their bathing suits on and I sprayed them with the water hose for about 20 minutes. They laughed and laughed. We had a hodge podge, what-can-you-find-in-the-kitchen kind of dinner.
Peter directed the kids on a little pick-up around the house while I ran to Wal-mart for a few things. When I got home, we got the kids in bed and Peter hooked up his new amplifier for the golf cart. Oh goodness, we are going to be low-ridin' through the 'hood.
Peter and I are watching Hope Floats. I made him watch this when we were first dating and he still remembers how terrible it was.





No comments:
Post a Comment