Friday, July 1, 2011

A Day in the Life - Friday

Peter took Conleigh and Alex to chess club before dawn this morning. By that, I mean he had the kids out the door by 6:40am! This summer they are meeting at the donut shop on Friday mornings. Today there were six kids there. 
Everyone was dragging this morning for the last day of VBS. They were tired.  They reported to me that over 8,000 cans of food were donated this week. What a great mission.

During the kids VBS time, I went for a 35 minute walk. It felt good.  After showering, I went and walked around Goodwill. It's always an adventure in there. I bought a couple of books for Conleigh. She is breezing through the books lately.  I kind of wonder if she is really reading every page. She is going so fast.  This was my find of the day. It's a little small for our mantle, but I'll figure something out.   


Embarrassing, but true, you can see the water damage on the ceiling.  We'll be having that fixed and confirmation of carpenter ant exinction next week.  Like the finials? I bought those at GW a couple of weeks ago. I'm going to paint them.

I got home with it, put it on the mantle, and the pest control people called. I had forgotten they were coming. Thankfully, they hadn't been by yet. They were just giving me the heads up that they were on the way. In the meantime, I had to go get the kids. When we came back, the pest control guys were hovered down by our garage.  They found carpenter ants.  The guy is a real chatterbox and goes into way more detail than I need on carpenter ants.  When I changed out my picture for the mirror over the fireplace earlier, I had noticed a pile of wood looking shavings, so I show the exterminator that, and guess what? Carpenter ants.  Sadly today, we dropped close to $400 to treat for carpenter ants and bugs. Ugh-ola.

I had zero plans for the kids today. I turned on the tele and we all chilled out. Seriously, nothing happened here from 1:00-4:00. We had DVR'ed a movie last night and the kids watched it today.  Conleigh was invited to her friend Emma's birthday party at 4:30. I trucked us over on the cart. My sweet, sweet friend Liz offered for Alex and Campbell to stay as well. Her son is Hayden who is Alex's #1 friend.

I snoozed in the chair for a little bit. Peter went back & picked up the kids at 6:00. They came in the door for less than five minutes and were out the door again to the last (and only one we attended) swim meet pep rally.  While they were one, I emptied the dishwasher and straightened up a bit.

The kids are exhausted. Tomorrow mornings early wake up call should be thrills-ville.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your mirror and especially the finials. I think they will look great painted white!