Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

My Mother's Day celebration started yesterday when Peter & the girls came home with a new MacBook Pro for me. What a nice gift. I haven't used a Mac since college, but I really want to learn to make video and I understand that Mac's make that pretty easy.
The kids have had a good time with the games we downloaded from the app store. It is amazing how easy the computer is for them. They have been taking pictures of themselves and using all sorts of effects.
Case in point...
I don't even know how they did these effects. Both of these pictures were taken in our living room.
I stayed home from church this morning as much as I would have liked to go. I didn't want to push it too much. I rested and then when the crew came home, we loaded up for Pei Wei. Pei Wei was not 'the' destination of most mother's for Mother's Day. It was pretty easy to go through the line and be seated.
After lunch, Alex has been saving his money and had decided he was ready to buy some Lego Ninjagos. Ever heard of 'em? Me neither until a few days ago and they became the focus of Alex's being. I was very proud of my boy. We went to Toys R Us first and he found the little spinning Ninjago's. He was ready to buy even though he had told me he wanted the Dragon Ice. He was patient and didn't buy. We went to Target and he couldn't get to the toy section fast enough. Lo and behold, he got the very last Dragon Ice, and he chose a spinner Ninjago too. He was a happy boy. When we got home, he spent the next two hours putting it all together. The result:
We all kind of went to our corners and did our own thing for a couple of hours and then our friend from church brought cheese enchiladas for dinner. We have been so blessed to have many friends sign up to bring us food during my recovery. What a blessing it is to not have to think about how to feed the family.
The kids made some of the cutest cards for me, and Campbell had a clay handprint which I will treasure forever!
What a wonderful Mother's Day it was.

**My first blog post with my new Mac.

No comments: