Friday, December 24, 2010

An Early Christmas gift



DK Royal Memorial Stadium where the Longhorns play football is in the background.

Conleigh received an early Christmas gift. She & I went to see the Radio City Christmas Spectacular featuring the Radio City Rockettes last night. The show was at the UT Bass Concert Hall.   We were on row E. Row E!  Five rows from the stage. I don't think I've ever sat that close to a stage for anything. I bet there were 500+ people sitting above us in balcones. A friend in the neighborhood was forward thinking and bought tickets early as a group, so we got better seating at better prices! Aah. Feels so good.

We arrived about an hour before show time, so we looked at art. There were six levels of different kinds of art. I love to hear Conleigh talk about the canvas and the paints. The collages and materials.

 The show was awesome!  I loved seeing Conleigh's excitement and how she would light up and gasp with her hands over her mouth.  We were close enought that when streamers came flying from the stage, she caught some.  The music & dancing and costumes were just great!  She has been practicing her high kicks since we walked out of  the show. She is calling herself a Junior Rockette.    Afterwards we went to dinner at Chili's.  Her love language is definitely quality time, and we enjoyed mommy & Conleigh time last night.


I was beat when we got home and fell asleep at 10:10 which is unheard of for me.  Peter got a new phone and I woke up to him still messing with it at almost midnight.  Now I woke up at 5:30am. The vicious sleep cycle continues.


The guinea pig is still alive. Thank goodness. It is stressing me out!

No comments: