We are on our way back to Austin after a good visit in Houston. We drove in Wednesday night with the rest of the population that was leaving Austin. It was a long drive, but that dvd player in Peter's car is a beautiful thing.
Thursday morning my nephew Spencer and BIL got to my parents house early after Spencer ran in a 1.1 mile race. Our children were so happy to see him. Not too long afterwards, Ryan & Susan arrived. Let the silliness and playing begin. The kids had a great time together.
It was nice to see my cousins on my dad's side. They are all much older and we only see each other on Thanksgiving. Food was delicious. My favorites are dad's dressing and mom's chocolate pecan pie.
About 4:30 we loaded up the crew and went down into Houston to Peter's dad's house for their Thanksgiving get together. They had a large group at their house this year. Uncle Kyle was the highlight for the kids. I'll have to do another post about Kyle and his friend and their entrepreneurial endeavors.
A little after half-time of the A&M/UT game we headed back to North Houston to stay at my parents house. The cats in the Hardin's house really get to me fast. My nose gets stuffy & I start sneezing pretty quickly.
I volunteer to drive. Peter is asleep in the front seat, the kids are enjoying the awesome DVD player, and I am into listening to the game on the radio. I was so much into the game that we ended up at the Houston ship channel!! I completely missed the I-45 turn off and we were in NE Houston. Ugh. We made it home with about 4 minutes of the game left. The Ag's did a great job of playing the undefeated Longhorns. It was a good game even if we ended up on the short side of the scoreboard.
Friday morning Peter & I did a little bit of Black Friday shopping. The doors had been busted by the time we got to Target, but we did find a few good items to put under the tree for the kids. We also stopped at Academy for Peter to buy some waders for hunting. We scored at Academy and the big gift from Santa has now been purchased. You'll have to wait and see what it is on Christmas Day. We also drove to Toys R Us. Thankfully, as we picked up the first thing to buy, an employee started saying, "the end of the line is here!" Well, the end of the line snaked to the back of the store through the aisles. We put down the toy and left.
When we got home, "the girls" went shopping. We went to Michael's and to Bath & Body works. It was a good outing. I told Campbell she had to act like a big girl if she wanted to go with us. As we were leaving my parents house, she had her window down and was yelling out the window, "Goodbye silly boys!" It was cute.
Peter boogied down to Blessing, Texas, and stayed in a hotel for $25. He met up with a friend early this morning to go duck hunting. I have a duck sitting next to me right now in the front seat. It is in a Jack In the Box cup, soaking in ice. Nice!
The cul-de-sac at my mom & dad's house is just perfect for our kids. Mom played tennis with Alex. He is a serious sports dude. They rode their bikes and played games out there all weekend. Now, we are on the road again, back to Austin, and ready to start the celebration of the Christmas season.





1 comment:
Happy Thanksgiving, Kate
Love ya!!!
Post a Comment