We've lost a tooth at our house...finally! Conleigh has had a lower wiggly one for a couple of weeks. We knew it was close to coming out. Yesterday she ran out of school and announced that she plucked it out right before PE. She had an envelope ready in her backpack. All smiles. I can't believe it is time for her to be losing teeth. Her new one is already poking through her gums.So, last night we tucked her tooth into our huge, glow-in-the-dark tooth and put it under her pillow. Oh! The excitement (and I can add now that the glow-in-the-dark feature did not help me at all)!
3:18amConleigh (in tears): "Mom. The tooth fairy didn't come."
Mom: "huh, what?"
Conleigh: repeat of above statement
Mom: "Are you sure? Go get the tooth?"
Conleigh runs out of our bedroom, and I thump Peter on the chest. He mumbles something incoherent. Is this really happening at 3:18am?She comes running back in and lo' and behold, tah dah...we open the tooth and...
The tooth fairy came to our house!!!
So there we are at 3:20 in the morning sharing the excitement with Conleigh as she discovers her $2. She went back to bed happily.
Mommy? Not so much. I was up for 2 hours after that.





No comments:
Post a Comment