Friday, September 4, 2009

First day of Preschool...

is finally here!


Campbell and Alex were both so excited to go to school. Alex knew right where his classroom was and Campbell was the first one in her room.

Alex has loved his time at Spicewood Country School. I'm sure it is just an adjustment but he said his teacher wasn't nice and all the others were. I know this teacher runs a tight ship. Hopefully, things will smooth out and fun will be had by all. Boys will be boys, right?

Campbell was happy to tell me about Keira and Ava. She also met a new friend Hannah. "She liked me a lot," Campbell announced on the way home.

I picked up the preschool crew at 1:15 and at 2:45 we picked up Conleigh at the appointed meeting place, bike racks. I thought today was Grandparents lunch, so I sent Peter to eat with Conleigh because I was at her girl scout parent org meeting. Oops. That's next week. I think she was happy & proud to have her dad at school with her. And, she told me tonight, "I didn't even cry."

We finished the evening with a great happy hour get together with three other neighborhood families. It was really nice to chill, drink a few beers, eat pizza and let the kids play together. Ages fourth grade to three years old all found their own fun.

No comments: