Monday, February 16, 2009

The Week in Review (before we get goin' on another week)

Peter & I started a financial planning class at church last Tuesday. It is a five week class and hopefully we can get our budgeting on a good track. This week we've been scrutinizing our bills & spending vs our income. Eye opening - to say the least!

Thursday night our neighbors watched the kids for a couple of hours so we could go furniture shopping (is that in direct contrast to the financial planning class?). We are closing in on a decision for furniture for our 'front/fun room' as the children call it. It is the formal living room from the 1970s era of homes, and it has been our problem room since the day we made an offer on the house, 3.5 years ago!

Peter went up to Conleigh's Valentine Party at school on Friday. I love this picture.


Friday night we met our friends the Garrett's at Waterloo for dinner (I'm starting to see why our spending may not be working out so well). The children played on the playground and everyone ate well. As we were sitting at the table, I turned to look for Campbell and caught eyes with Brad Lindermann. I haven't seen Brad in over 20 years. He and I went to elementary, middle and high school together. What a nice surprise to meet his family and catch up on 20+ years in about 15 minutes.

Campbell woke us up Saturday morning about 2:00am having puked in her bed. Moving on...

Saturday morning I woke up to breakfast in bed! I was treated like a queen that morning. Roses, a necklace and cards from everyone in the house. It was wonderful.

I took Conleigh and Alex to Lowe's Saturday morning for their Build-It workshop. We had never been to it, but it was really fun. The kids got to hammer and Conleigh did well following the written directions and figuring out which piece of wood was needed next. We walked out of there with two wooden jewelry boxes that the kids made. They each got a patch and a certificate. After Lowe's, we went to the library. We hadn't been there in a long time. We walked out with 19 books and 2 videos. I was so proud of us for not spending a dime on the whole outing.





The rest of the day was quiet. I napped and woke up to Conleigh feeling bad and unfortunately following Campbell's lead from the night before. We ended up eating at home. Peter picked up Rudy's BBQ and some of the house enjoyed it.

I went solo to church yesterday morning although everyone seemed to be feel fine. Today is a holiday for all the children, so I took the day off too. Love it! We're starting it off quiet. I'll keep you posted on where we go from here...

No comments: