Who do you think this little guy is? Well, I cannot tell you his name yet. His proud mommy & daddy are still deciding on the name that will carry this boy through life.
I can say with tears in my eyes that my dear friend Krissy is now a mother. I am so happy I can't stand it! Little did she know last Friday morning what God had in store for her that day.
Let me start a little further back. Krissy has had the desire to be a mother for a long time. She and her husband Brian put together a fabulous book about their life together in a magazine look. They titled it Us (like Us Weekly) and it is filled with pictures and thoughts about their desire to be parents and the things that are important to them for a child to grow up learning and experiencing. The things they have thought through are topics that I know I hadn't considered before becoming a parent. It is a treasure and something I think all prospective parents should think/work through before children. The application was turned in to the adoption agency in October.
So, fast forward three months to last Friday. Krissy is sitting at her desk at UT. She had just made a note to herself on her calendar in September 2009, "maybe we'll hear about a baby. :)" Five minutes pass.
Ring, Ring.
"Hello, Kristin. You have been chosen to be the mother of a baby boy who was born on Wednesday." Can you imagine that phone call and the emotions it would stir inside of you? I think Brian would agree that all emotions were triggered and life has been a whirlwind since Friday afternoon.
Saturday night Peter & I go out with friends to celebrate Christina's 40th birthday. We had a great time, and when we got home about 11:00pm, there was a note from the babysitter. She said Conleigh had spoken with Krissy and that Krissy had adopted a baby boy and if we had any name ideas to please let her know.
I awake Sunday morning to Conleigh poking me and saying, "Mommy. I have the most wonderful news to share with you. Krissy has adopted a baby boy." Could it be any sweeter to have my 5 year old who adores Krissy, and I'm pretty sure the feeling is mutual, be able to tell me this awesome news?
I was able to go and see the new parents and bouncing baby boy on Sunday afternoon at home. They all are doing great! He is the cutest little guy with a full head of dark hair and deep set eyes.
So, Friday afternoon the Wilsons have dinner plans, Saturday afternoon they are bringing a baby home from the hospital, and Sunday afternoon they have spent their first night at home as parents with their adorable baby -- and all sorts of baby gear is streaming into the house from friends and strangers. God is Good!
All day yesterday and today all I can think is ~Praise God from whom ALL Blessings Flow~





No comments:
Post a Comment