Saturday, September 13, 2008

"in the olden times..."


Tonight we went to a diner for dinner. Austin Diner. The food was fantastic. The service - not so much. While we were waiting for our breakfast for dinner meals, Conleigh saw records hanging from the ceiling. I told her that we didn't have IPods when I was a little girl. We listened to records. I explained a record player which she practically finished my sentence. She knew what it was, and said, "yeah, in the olden times you had to listen to those records." I laughed out loud. I can't believe that I have now LIVED "in the olden times!"
So, to continue our evening of "old"-ness. We went by my friend Kent's house. He & I grew up on Suwanee Lane in Houston together and spent many, many hours running around with the kids on the street. He was having his 40th birthday celebration this evening. We don't see each other often at all, but it is always comfortable when we are together. He and his wife are almost moved into their newly remodeled 40's (that number again) house. It is beautiful. It's also best that it isn't complete since our three youngn's (vs. oldens) were there to imbibe in the cake eating. Someday I'll scan a pictue of Kent & me when we were 5, but here is one from this evening at 40!

1 comment:

M&L said...

I read this story earlier this week and just had to re-read it because it totally cracked me up. Love the "Olden Times" comment!