
It was a good first day at Spicewood Country School as far as I can tell. Both Campbell and Alex came home with their sneakers full of sand and gravel, so I think that makes it a great day!
Alex was very happy to see all of his buddies from last year. All the boys are back and neither of the girls, but there are a few additions to his class, so I'll look forward to hearing him share the info. He had been asking for 2+ weeks, "when do I get to go to Ms. Lauren's class?" He was his sweet, shy little self yesterday when she greeted us.
Miss Campbell didn't hesitate walking into her new room. She promptly found new toys and started playing. Her teacher, Ms Susie is who Alex spent most of the year with last year. We are very happy Campbell will have Ms. Susie as her teacher. There was a cryer (sp?) for sure. Whoa! I couldn't believe that mom left her child to "cry it out" as I heard her say when she was leaving. Sheesh! It was painful for the poor girl and from what I hear, it became a domino effect and others decided they weren't so sure of this place either.
Anywho, the kids stayed for nap and Alex who hasn't napped much at all this summer fell asleep very quickly. Campbell wasn't ready to lie down which I thought might happen, but Susie said she cuddled her and she fell right to sleep.
I think we'll go back tomorrow. Wink! Wink!
Conleigh is loving elementary school. She is a pro already at buying her lunch. I think tomorrow will be her third time to buy lunch. With wide eyes and eyebrows raised she said, "Mom, they have one of my favorite foods there -- popcorn shrimp."
LIFE IS GOOD!





No comments:
Post a Comment