Saturday, July 6, 2013

Invitational Swimming

Today was our divisional swim meet.
Before the meet, Conleigh was close to making Invitationals in butterfly.
.4 of a second away.
She wanted it badly.
Yesterday she was kind of in a zone all day. Didn't want to play with anyone...really mellow.
Today was absolutely terrific.
It was just beautiful.
She was seeded third in the event at the meet today.
That was a complete bother to her last night. She was so upset. 
I think her brain had already decided she was seeded 1st. She had won 1st last week and is definitely #1 on our team.
The girl brought it big.  She totally won the event AND qualified for 
the big meet at UT tomorrow.
She is so excited! So am I.

I was so caught up with Conleigh's performance that I missed that Alex also 
qualified for invitationals tomorrow in 25 butterfly. He takes it more in stride like, 
"yes, of course I made it."

Conleigh isn't as competitive and this is one of the first times 
Peter & I have seen her really want to win. 

Tomorrow we head to the UT Natatorium to see their name on the big screen.

Go Sharks!
Go Hardins!

No comments: