Monday, May 28, 2012

Last day of school! Hip Hip Hooray!

 Hip Hip Hooray! It is summer.  

Spicewood ended the year with a fantastic field day.  Back in the fall, our school won the Rally for Recess contest.  Five schools around the country won a new $20K playground, AND an $8K field day.  There were bubbles, and slides, face painting and bungee jumping, and a DJ with great music! Dannon snacks and sno-cones. I seriously think it is a kid party that cannot be topped!


The younger grades had 2.5 hours in the morning and the older grades had the equivalent  in the afternoon. It was the best last day of school evaaa!


Some of the parents joked that the kindergartners are going to be disappointed next year when they are making foam door tags on the last day of school. :)

Campbell & her bestie Jessica

Alex & his buddy Ren

Love this picture of my bubbly girl!

Laughing that 3rd grade is over!! Yay!

Conleigh and her third grade teacher.
I think I made Mrs. Corbett really laugh because I went into their class when they were eating lunch. Mrs. Corbett said to me, "it sounds like you all will be travelling quite a bit this summer." I said well we'll be going to Florida and hopefully Idaho.

She said, "Conleigh said you are wanting to go to Washington DC." I said, I have never said that in my life.  She laughed and laughed. Then later outside at the party, I asked to take their picture. I held up the camera and said, "say Washington DC."

Again she laughed and said, "you are terrible!" Conleigh wanted to know why I said that. Little does she know... 

After farewells and adios', hugs and goodbyes, we took off in the golf cart to the after school par-tay!

No comments: