When I picked Campbell up from Sunday school this morning, she greeted me with, "Jesus is Alive!" I absolutely loved it.
All of our children did so well in church this morning. We sat on the front row, so they could see everything happening. Campbell commented on the organist and her talent. Conleigh listened to the sermon and the story of Jesus' resurrection. She recently finished reading the children's Bible on her own and seriously knows more than I do about it.
There was the cross that parishoners could come up & say a loved one who has passed in the last year and place a carnation on the cross. All the kids were curious about this since many people were crying as they spoke into the microphone.
I loved having my kids all around and over me during church and singing about Jesus being alive!Peter had given up beef and beer for lent, so he was more than ready for a hamburger. We headed downtown to Hut's and I think we were the only ones in the place who went to church. At least we were the only ones there that were dressed in what I would consider church dress. He gobbled up a double burger and I enjoyed my usual Richie Valen's burger (with guac, shredded cheddar, jalapenos and tomatoes). Dee-lish.
Our Easter morning began with our early riser Conleigh coming into our room at 6:50. She had looked out our bedroom window and saw an Easter egg on the trampoline. After we roused the other troops, we shared an Easter bag of goodies we had gotten for each of the kids and the children hunted for their chocolate bunnies that we hide inside. Then, it was on to the backyard for the egg hunt. Fun for all. Thank goodness we had hidden the eggs last night. I think three were found by some varmit in the backyard and the some of the jellybean eggs had ants in them. Oh well. The kids didn't care. The Easter bunny gave a lot of taffy this year. Conleigh ate so much of it today.I tried one piece and couldn't even finish it for fear of my cap coming out. It was so sticky!
I wondered if Conleigh would ask questions about the Easter bunny this year, but she was still all bought into it. We almost got busted because as our kids were hunting eggs in the backyard, the neighbors were out hiding their eggs. We tried our best to steer our kids in different directions so as not to notice it. Alex looked briefly over the fence but no questions were asked. We learned later that they had told their kids that the EB was afraid of their dogs, so he left a note for the parents to hide the eggs for him. Very creative I do say.
Happy Easter everyone. Love, The Hardins
Washing down the candy with some chocolate milk. MMMmm good.
Sunday, April 24, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment