Campbell & I were headed out to the grocery store last Thursday. We walk into the garage, and I hear a 'pssssshhhhhhh" sound. It was strange, and I said out loud, "wonder what that is?" Then, it happens again. I hustle out of the garage, and this is what we see:I think I shrieked, and told Campbell to watch it while I got the camera. For the next 20 minutes or so, I was laughing I couldn't believe we were seeing this.
This hot air balloon landed in front of our house!!! What are the odds of that happening in your whole lifetime? The man in the balloon said he left downtown Austin about 7:15am. He was aiming for the golf course near our house. He landed here about 9:15am. There was a posse of folks that had followed him here and were ready to help him keep the balloon down and help him pack it up. It was beautiful!
Campbell said, "this is the first time this has happened." I told her, "honey, this is the only time this will happen in your life."
After all that excitement, Campbell & I made our way to the grocery store. The checker gave her a balloon, so we had our own balloon release when we got home.
We had the pictures printed, and all three kids took them to school the next day. At Campbell's school, many teachers said they had seen that balloon in the air on their way to work on Thursday. Peter had seen it too.
Conleigh's teacher thought she was playing an April Fool's day joke on her uuntil she produced the photos, and Alex's friends wanted to know more about it when I stopped by their lunch table.
What a great experience. I am thankful for being home with Campbell that morning.
Sunday, April 3, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment