Tuesday, November 23, 2010

I wonder....

I wonder where Alex's tooth #2 is? He made it home from school last Thursday and didn't even realize he had lost a tooth.  I noticed the new space in his mouth and asked him if he lost a tooth.  That was news to him. He doesn't know when, how or where it came out. His best guess is it was on the gym floor.  He wrote a note for the toothfairy, but he forgot to put it under his pillow, so she didn't come.  He didn't remember the next night either, but I told him I put it under his pillow.  The toothfairy left him a note & $2.  It was fun to see his excitement.

Wonder if Campbell is allergic to wheat?  After our campout two weeks ago, we have gone gluten free for her.  Our friend Dianne suggested wheat as a strong allergen. Although the doc's say she isn't allergic to anything  & has plain old eczema, we decided it was worth a try.  We are now on five nights of her sleeping straight through the night. That is a miracle. She comes to our room every single night and has stayed put for five nights now. She has even slept in til past when Conleigh & Alex leave for school.  Her skin seems more smooth and she isn't itching as much. She still itches, but not like before.   It isn't easy going gluten free.  Poor thing cries sometimes because she wants a donut or a crescent roll, but she also asks me if whatever she is about to eat has wheat.  Today she & I made gluten free cupcakes. They are tasty too.

Wonder why Alex woke up with a deep, deep cough yesterday? The doc said it may be croup, and he could go back to school today. He did and by lunch time the nurse had called to say he said he felt like he was going to throw up. He's felt fine at home. Even managed to eat a gluten free cupcake.

Strange how life can twist on a dime.  Last week Doc suggested I have an ultrasound to check on a possible polyp. She wasn't concerned at all.  Yesterday I learned I have a huge, blue ribbon size fibroid...bigger than a baby's head is what I'm told. Now I have to have a conversation about having a hysterectomy.  Wonder what we'll decide?

2 comments:

Lin Family said...

Unreal all the dynamics you and the children have had to contend with. Keep us posted about your decision and also Peter's mom too - we miss you all a lot!

Mommy Mediator said...

Oh my gosh, Kate, I'm so sorry to hear that. I'm praying for God to bestow his wisdom upon you, and guide you in your decision. I hope you can put aside the worries for this weekend, anyway, and just "think about it tomorrow!" (per Scarlett O'Hara). Thinking of you and praying for you all this holiday.