Thursday, October 28, 2010

Happy Birthday Alex!

My Dear Alex.

I love you so much. Your skin is almost as soft as the day your were born six short years ago; that is hard to believe considering that you are defiitely a boys boy. You get dirty, play rough and smell like...a boy!  You have a caring and sweet demeanor. If one of your sisters is hurting, you will offer to trade places with her to make the pain go away.  You love your friends and have many of them that you love to play with often. I'm listening to you now play make believe with your new Legos with one of your buddies. 
Last night you determined that you do not like cake. I kind of knew that already because you don't ever choose cake, but last night when you were to get the last piece of your birthday cake, you announced to your dad that you just don't like it.  We'll have to get creative next year, maybe pumpkin pie.
I love that you still ask if I will cuddle with you.  I want to do that every chance we get. 
You are also a sports guy.  Soccer is your game right now, but you also enjoy basketball, riding your bike and baseball. I hope I can steer you clear of football for a long, long time.
You are enjoying kindergarten, both the academic and the recess time.  You also like your teacher a lot. You even wanted to invte her to your birthday party. I love to hear you tell me the things that you have learned,  and I like to help you when you are working hard to learn more.
I'm thankful that the 'i love you's' flow freely from you Alex. You are a grateful little boy and I am beyond thankful to be your mommy!

Love, Mama

No comments: