Sunday, September 19, 2010

Tri Alex

Getting Marked!
Tiny bike, big ride!
We are so proud of Alex! He did a Triathlon this morning. His friend Marko participated in it as well. It was limited to 250 kids, and 58 of those were 5-6 year olds. Of course, the course was abbreviated. Alex swam 25 meters, rode his bike half a mile, and ran 500 meters. We don't have his time yet. I'll update when we do. He had a great time, and we think if he had a reasonable bike, he would have rocked it even more. One dad called Alex's 12 inch bike, a clown bike. I hauled it to the car as soon as I could. I didn't want Alex to have his feelings hurt, but needless to say, I think his birthday next month will bring a much larger bicycle this way. Buddies, Alex & Marko!
This Triathlon was run by a group called Colin's Hope. Colin was a 4 year old who had completed swimming lessons, and the very next day drown in shallow water. The group is committed to teaching about how quickly & silently drowning can occur. Proud finisher! Mom, Alex & Dad!
While we were at the race, Conleigh & Campbell stayed home with Granny. Conleigh worked on making this scary haunted house with various colors of clay. Our first Halloween decoration. I really like it. She is so creative.

1 comment:

Kay said...

You should be so proud of him!
It's a small world. My friend Theresa knows the extended family, so I heard about the little boy's story a few years ago.