Conleigh got all gussied up. She was so serious about how she looked. We did her make-up just right. Of course, I guess wearing the socks with her silver shoes kind of showed her age. :)
We arrived and there was no doubt Conleigh took this much more seriously than the other girls. Of course, they dressed up. They dressed like Fancy Nancy. They looked like Pippi Longstocking. I could tell Conleigh was a little upset that everyone wasn't dolled up in (real) fancy duds. The other girls had make-up on too, but it looked like they did it. It looked like 7 year old make-up.
At the table, Conleigh told everyone, "I know someone who got to drink tea with the Queen of England." Sweet girl. She wanted to live the tea party dream.
Here are the fruit kabobs that we made for the party.
The moms left after some photos but I hear they danced. The other girls were dancing with the troop leader, but Conleigh was in her own world dancing around.
I guess they did a fashion show and got to tell about their outfits. Two of the other girls were wearing their mom's wedding dresses all sinched up in the back. Conleigh happily told about her grandma making her dress especially for this party.
I'm glad she was excited, and I'm glad it is over. I want her to be happy. Sometimes the expectation is so big in her head, the actual event cannot live up to it.





1 comment:
Conleigh looked FABULOUS and put Fancy Nancy to shame. They should be writing books about Conleigh!
Post a Comment