Monday, December 22, 2008

Merry Christmas One & All

Dear Friends and Family -

I didn't include a Christmas letter with our cards this year. Mostly because I ran out of time and was not thinking about what I would say. I thought I could blog it instead.
We have had an eventful 2008.

Peter has remained very busy at work as a District Sales manager for Sysco Foodservices. He really enjoys his work and works hard at it. I have continued working part-time for Pearson Education. It is hard to believe I'll hit the 12 year mark with the company in January. Three of those years now have been part-time. This flexibility has allowed me to be home with the children 2-3 days a week.

Conleigh started Kindergarten this fall. She is learning so much and has already started to read and spell. She also loves math and Spanish. We are enjoying having her teach us all she has learned. She has also greatly enjoyed taking gymnastics once a week this fall. Loves it! I mean she loves it!

Alex & Campbell are going to preschool three days a week. It was a last minute change in schools for Campbell and it has been the best decision. Her language skills have greatly improved and she is very social with her friends at school. Alex always seems to have a group of good buddies to play with both at school and in the neighborhood. He played soccer for the first time this fall on the Katydids. He was pretty good but thankfully they didn't keep score at the games.

We have a travel filled summer with a road trip to Florida, a mom & dad trip to Costa Rica, and a Hardin family annual trip to Warm Lake, Idaho. All of those great trips are already documented on our blog, so no need to reiterate.

I am thankful for all of the support and love of our families. I am so thankful for the friends I can call anytime for advice and an ear. As I sit by the twinkling tree lights, I am thankful for Jesus and being able to celebrate his birth day.

Merry Chrismtas one and All.

Love, Kate

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Merry Christmas to you!!!

My 3 Sons said...

Merry Christmas Kate and family.
We love you all and hope to see you in 2009!!