Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Christmas Tunes

The day before Thanksgiving Oprah had a show about having a thrifty Christmas. I DVR'ed the show since we were on our way out of town. I was able to watch it upon our return Friday evening. One of the things she did was give the world 48 hours to download a selection of holiday tunes from a variety of artists. When I saw the show, I immediately clicked onto her website. I bet I was four hours too late to get the free itunes. Oh well. No biggie really.
Well, today I went up to the elementary school. I volunteer to put the kindergardeners pictures on a bulletin board for the Adopt-A-Book program. On my way out, the librarian stopped me and said she had a small gift for all the library volunteers. Guess what it was?
You guessed it! Oprah's Holiday Favorites. I was so happy. I think she was surprised at how excited I was. Anyway, it was such a nice surprise.
Remember to pull out your Christmas music. It IS the most wonderful time of the year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Librarians are great, just like Oprah!
Bridget