
Tonight at dinner he said you could write all the great things that our kids say.
Peter's car cratered today. He had it towed and we went to pick him up. I told the kids on the way that Daddy's car broke down. Sweet Conleigh said, "I have a lot of money in my piggy bank that talks. I can get that out and help daddy buy a new car like the one he has already." I told her that was so sweet of her to say, and she responded with "I just want to make daddy happy."
I love these moments because lately she & Alex have plenty of not-so-sweet moments with each other. They are so mean to each other. Granted, Alex is pretty sensative and needs to toughen up, but they are after each other all day long.
Peter went out with a friend tonight, so I got the kids to bed. Alex came out after about 15 minutes for some water. Before he went back to his room, he said I want to kiss you. He came and kissed my arm and then turned his cheek to me for a kiss. I am so thankful for my wonderful children.





2 comments:
I love your blog, Kate! Your love for your kids is so apparent in the way that you talk and write about them. They are so lucky to have you for a mom!
Dear Kate and Peter,
the reason you have wonderful children is because they have wonderful parents! We feel so fortunate to be their Great Grand-parents.
The only downer is that the blog makes us really miss all of you.
We love you. Grandma and Grandpa
Post a Comment