| Grandma & Grandpa at the cabin in Warm Lake, Idaho |
Ralph passed away during the night January 23, 2014. From what we know, he simply went to sleep and did not wake up. Although his body was frail, death was not expected so soon. We had face timed with him briefly on January 12 to tell him Happy Birthday. I think he was just ready. Ready to be with Betty. Ready for rest.
These two wonderful people were Peter's grandparents. I first met them in the summer of 1999 in Warm Lake, Idaho. They were so welcoming and throughout our marriage have been vocal in how proud they were of the family they created. I know they loved our children very, very much.
Peter flew to Salt Lake City today for a memorial service tomorrow. Ralph had been relocated to SLC in November to live with his daughter there.
Today Peter told me that Grandpa wants to have his remains (and grandma's) laid to rest in Orange County, California, in the same cemetery where John Wayne lies. I love it!
We will miss them dearly. May they rest in peace together.





1 comment:
So sorry to hear this as it was too soon. They were both great people and I'll miss them. Our thoughts and prayers are with all of you.
Post a Comment