Enter...Mommy has a few minutes to myself at Goodwill (GW). I find a table! I debate the table because it is at GW. I borrow a tape measure. The measurements look good. Table a little wobbly. I take a picture and start to walk away thinking, "it's 7:20 on a Sunday night. They close at 8:00. I'm sure I can think about it and come back tomorrow."
I go look at it again.
I imagine the chairs that I bought in May (that have been sitting in our garage) around it. I do have the minivan this evening and tomorrow Peter will have it at work making it harder to pick up the purchase tomorrow.
I decide to Go For It!
Tell GW employee who compliments my taste as he walks me to the front of the store. You have to pay at the GW. No, "I'm gonna buy this but keep shopping." I pay and get the SOLD sign. As I'm carrying back the sign, I hear a girl walking out the front of the store saying to her guy, "someone just bought it. They are carrying it to the back." Score! That confirmed that I had made a good decision on purchasing that night.
Two wonderful GW workers helped shimmy it into my car and here is the beauty. I'm very happy with it. Conleigh doesn't like the pine knots, but she'll have her day to decorate her own place, right?
And the chairs. They found their way inside. I love the caning and the round backs.
The plaid, yellow fabric is definitely not my choice seat cover but that is a project for another day.
I think I will also darken the chairs with paint and wax... sometime
I need to work on my staging I guess, but I do love the new upcycled furniture in our dining area.





1 comment:
So glad you stopped by my blog cause I am just loving yours : )
Adding you to my blog list. Happy Friday!
Post a Comment