Monday, September 17, 2012

Crock Pot Monday

I am not the best planner in the kitchen, so I decided to implement crock pot  Mondays this fall.  Now, we know there will be something to eat for dinner at home on Mondays, at least.

Last week was our first crock-pot Monday (CPM), and we had make your own chicken noodle soup.  It was really a recipe for the whole thing, but knowing my family, I made it in parts, so everyone could have what they wanted.  As expected, Campbell only had noodles and chicken.  In the crock pot, I cooked chicken on the bone with broth/water, carrots, onions and celery.  Right before we ate, I cooked up some noodles and then served them seperately.  It worked like a charm and got positive reviews.

Tonight was part deaux of CPM.  We had salisbury steak from the Crockin' Girls recipe.  I debated taking a picture. Here it is. Definitely not impressive looking and I should have taken another one after it was served on the plates.  Two out of three kids liked it. Now, that is a miracle. Campbell gobbled it up. 


Also on the menu were green beans and green salad. I made the 0 points Weight Watchers soup today as well, so Peter and I had a cup of that too.  So far, I love crock-pot Mondays.

No comments: