We took Conleigh to Mt. Wesley in Kerrville yesterday.
She was very excited. I was surprised when there were only 20 kids registered.
I really hope she is having fun. I couldn't sleep last night. She was on my mind.
She has a friend from church there with her and the girls were excited to choose
their beds and get settled.
Conleigh & Alex chose beds near the door. There are 15 girls in the cabin.
We walked around the camp before check-in.
Alex & Campbell stayed in Austin with friends. The day was a lot longer than I anticipated, so I was happy they were not on the long ride to and from Kerrville.
On our way back, we detoured to Luckenbach. Peter and I had never been there, and it was not out of the way at all. We both liked it. Totally laid back, with people playing guitars, a small shop, bar, and carnival food. We had a beer and got on the road again.
Today Campbell started her drill team camp and then her friend Keira came home with us. They played and then we went to gymnastics. Alex had soccer this morning, so I got some work knocked out. This evening we had a glorious storm. A real thunderstorm. I can feel the grass, trees and flowers smiling.
Our swim team banquet was this evening. We are proud of all our kids for their hard work on Sharks this year. They got medals this year instead of trophies. I like it.
Campbell wasn't feeling too well, so she said she could only lie down and have her legs crunched up for the picture. You can see the bowl...just in case.
goodnight






2 comments:
I went to camp at Mr. Wesley many times. Always loved it!
Mt. not Mr. hahahahaha
Post a Comment