Sunday, August 29, 2010

It's My Birthday!

I had a great birthday weekend celebration. Saturday our family went to Bull Creek and had a picnic and waded through the creek and Alex spotted a water snake and we saw fish. It ended abruptly when Campbell announced she needed to USE the restroom. We packed up quick and headed home!

Saturday evening we took the kids for their first sushi experience. Conleigh & Alex both liked the miso soup. Alex loved the dumplings and even ate more than one bite of sushi. Campbell ate white rice. I'm glad we took them though. Conleigh was all dressed up. We called her Lady Conleigh a la Lady Gaga. She wore these fingerless gloves and had drawn blue teardrops under her eyes and long lines out of the corner of her eyes.
The kids made me some cute art for gifts. I also received some certificates from Peter for cleaning the garage, making dinner and one left blank, so I can fill.it.in. A Conleigh Classic
Campbell loves to draw flowers, AND she loves to spell MOM.
On Sunday morning, my actual birthday, Peter made green eggs & ham for breakfast. Yes, he added green food coloring to the eggs.
We headed off to church and then the kids & I started karate classes at the YMCA Sunday afternoon. All three kids and me. Conleigh & Alex stayed attentive...not sure if Campbell will make it. We have 6 classes in the pipeline and we'll see how it goes.
I'm looking forward to making it a great year!

No comments: