Sunday, July 18, 2010

Lovely Saturday

We had such a lovely Saturday. While all the other Shark families were out sweating at the divisonal meet, we made it a family day. I had gone to bed at 7:30 on Friday night. I just couldn't keep my eyes open a minute longer. Having gone to bed so early, I was awake early on Saturday morning. I decided to hunt at some garage sales. It was a nice little solo outing

When I got home, the troops were up and we decided to go out to a new church that our church helped 'plant.' They have a community garden and were going to bless the garden. It was super H.O.T. but the kids got to pick some squash, zuchhini and sweet peas.

Since we were out further from Austin that we usually travel, we decided to try a new pool at the YMCA out there. It was great! A super nice facility and a terrific pool. There were two slides and the kids went down them about 20 times. The kids were required to do a swim test in order to use the slides. Even Campbell decided to truck her little body across that pool, so she could use the slide too. It wasn't a breezy swim and she didn't quite make it on her first try, so she had to do it again. And do it she did. She has become quite the fish lately.

After a good long swim, we came home to take it easy for a while. I had made the mistake of saying we could go to the neighborhood pool later. Alex held me to it and we ended up there in the evening. It was just a wonderful family day. I loved it!

No comments: