Friday, July 25, 2008

Seussical the Musical


Conleigh, Alex, Campbell and I ventured downtown today to see a kids musical. We went to see Seussical the Musical. Our neighbors, Colin, Caroline (I bet she was the youngest person in the whole place!) and Brittiany Johnson sat right next to us.
The whole theatre was full of kids. It was a perfect performance for us to attend since with the 2 minute intermission, it lasted about 1 hour and 15 minutes. Apparently, the evening performance is a full 2 hours which would have been too much for us. The costumes were outstanding and all the actors/actresses did a terrific job.
The show had all sorts of the Seuss characters with the Cat in the Hat in the middle of the it all. He was a very talented actor with different voices and accents.
Conleigh loved it as I thought she would. I think she can see herself on stage someday. Campbell would clap her hands at just the right time. She sat on my lap the whole time. I loved it. She is getting big and no more babies for us, so I love that she fits just perfectly on my lap. Alex was attentive for a good while too. He is my home-body and towards the end, he was ready to go home.
Afterwards, the characters were out in the lobby. Conleigh and Colin got all sorts of autographs on the playbill. Exciting times!
The event sponsored by Zach Scott Theatre was held at the Texas School for the Deaf, so Conleigh was showing off sign language skills today.

No comments: